Socio-political processes in modern Kazakhstan:
- analysis of the current socio-political situation in Kazakhstan;
- a comprehensive study of issues of political modernization;
- forecasting and modeling of social and political processes;
- analysis of the state of political institutions, interethnic and interfaith relations, issues of countering religious extremism and terrorism;
- study of current media processes and information trends.
Strategic aspects of foreign policy and international relations:
- analysis of modern international processes, geopolitical trends and foreign policy strategies of regional and global players;
- monitoring of the internal political and socio-economic development of neighboring countries;
- study of issues of international and regional security;
- analysis of bilateral relations of Kazakhstan with Russia, China, the USA, Turkey, the countries of Central Asia, the European Union, the CIS and a number of other leading Asian states;
- research of integration processes at the regional and global levels.
Socio-economic processes in modern Kazakhstan and the world:
- analysis of relevant problems of the national economy development;
- research of tendencies and prospects of social development of Kazakhstan;
- study of trends in the development of the world economy, integration processes and their impact on the economy of Kazakhstan;
- analysis of issues of regional development, public administration and management, problems of urbanization, migration and demography;
- research of issues of economic security of Kazakhstan.
- conducting complex sociological research and monitoring on relevant issues;
- coordination of work on sociological research of state bodies and the formation of a unified database of analytical data;
- methodological support and methodological design of sociological research programs;
- organizing expert discussions of the results of public opinion polls;
- organizing and conducting training seminars on modern sociological methods for specialized structures of state bodies.
Information-analytical and editorial-publishing activities:
- operational monitoring of the information space;
- providing communication with the public;
- elaboration of content of the KazISS website and pages in social networks (Facebook, Twitter);
- publication of scientific and analytical journals "Kazakhstan-Spectrum", "Kogam zhane Dauir", "Central Asia's Affairs";
- publication of books, monographs, collections of materials.
The Institute conducts fundamental and applied research on the strategic problems of domestic and foreign policy, socio-economic development of Kazakhstan, prepares materials of a forecasting and analytical nature for the country's leadership.
In the main areas of its activities, the Institute regularly conducts expert discussions and meetings, conferences, round tables and international forums.
KazISS cooperates with foreign scientific and analytical structures, carries out international and regional research projects on relevant issues.