The KazISS under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan has published the next issue of the scientific and analytical journal in English - "Central Asia's Affairs" No. 2 (82) 2021.
The following articles are published in this issue of the journal:
- “The countries of Central Asia during the Covid-19 pandemic in 2020: a view from Kazakhstan” by B. Auelbaev, which examines the political and economic processes in the Central Asian republics in 2020 amid the spread of the Covid-19 virus infection and the global crisis caused by the pandemic.
- "Entrepreneurial Education and Youth Development in Central Asia: Kazakhstan" I. Usupbaev, which focuses on entrepreneurial initiatives promoted by the School of Entrepreneurship and Innovation (SEI) Almaty Management University (AlmaU) - student startups, meetings, the Student Entrepreneurship Ecosystem project.
- “On the issue of the need to create a national project to prepare cities for adaptation to climate change” A. Nasirdinova. The article tells about the forecasts that await Kyrgyzstan in the event of sharp climatic changes, and the need to adopt national programs to prepare cities and villages for new challenges, emphasizes the relevance of international cooperation in the form of joint expeditions, scientific research on the adaptation of cities to the consequences of climate change.
- "Parliamentary diplomacy of Kazakhstan: evolution, institutionalization and implementation mechanism" A. Abitbekov. The article is devoted to the consideration of parliamentary diplomacy as an instrument of Kazakhstan's foreign policy. Its evolution since the formation of the Kazakh Khanate in the 15th – 16th centuries is considered.
- “Fight against torture in Kazakhstan: trends, challenges and prospects” S. Akhmetzharova. This article describes the growing global problem of torture. At the same time, the author describes the institutional and legal framework for combating the practice of torture in Kazakhstan.
Since this year, Central Asia's Affairs has its own website at http://journal-caa.kisi.kz/,where the archive of the journal is located, information on the composition of the editorial board, and an updated guide for authors on manuscript formatting are provided.
Currently, work is underway to form the 3rd issue for 2021. Until August 1, manuscripts are also accepted in Kazakh and Russian languages, with subsequent translation. Manuscripts and cover letters must be uploaded on the website in the "Submission of Materials" section: http://journal-caa.kisi.kz/index.php/caa/about/submissions. The manuscript must be formatted in accordance with the requirements described on the journal's website: http://journal-caa.kisi.kz/index.php/caa/for-authors.
Publication of materials in the scientific journal "Central Asia's Affairs" (CAA) is carried out using the Open Journal System, an online submission system and peer review. All materials submitted to Central Asia’s Affairs are tested for anti-plagiarism and blind peer review, after which the authors are encouraged to make corrections. Authors receive comments from reviewers and are informed of the decision to publish their materials within one month. After changes are made, the accepted article is usually published in one of the next two issues of the journal.
Dear Readers! We look forward to hearing from you interesting materials on topical issues!